Saturday, July 2, 2016

Brussels Sprouts (Robertson Quay)


This is quite a deviation from the usual food I post, but I was here today and these were some mighty fine chicken wings. Add to the fact that this is quite a good chillax place in the afternoon and serves alcohol with happy hour (for those of you who drink) makes this an interesting find. I don't normally find myself raving over bars because I feel like I can always get better for less elsewhere, but I would actually come back here again because the ambience and lack of crowd is attractive.

To eat:
Belgian Beer-Marinated Chicken Wings. This was the only item on the menu I had, so I can't make any comment about the rest.

Cost:
As with bar snacks, these are pretty expensive. $10 for 3 wings, or $18 for 6 (before tax).

Pros:
Meat was well marinated and juicy, with just that little bit of oil when you bite into it. Skin is crispy and well-fried. Neither too oily nor dry, it was a very satisfying meal for me. Place also serves alcohol, for those of you looking for a drink in town. It was Happy Hour when I went, and they had two pints at $16 (before tax). I don't drink, but the people I went with seemed pretty happy with the deal. We had outdoor seating which was close to the river, but there was good amount of tree shade which made it okay even at 5pm.

Cons:
Obviously expensive if you don't consider the fact that it's a bar. Not particularly accessible, the walk from Clark Quay MRT is ~15mins. Also, there were a fair bit of mosquitoes so if you hate those you might want to sit indoors.

Opening Hours:
12pm - 11pm (Sun-Thu)
12pm - 12am (Fri, Sat)

Address:
#01-12 The Pier @ Robertson, 80 Mohamed Sultan Rd, 239013

No comments:

Post a Comment