Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Marina South Delicious Food (Maxwell Food Centre)



The fairly unassuming (and unfortunately named) stall.


So again I did the "eat first take picture later" thing, and chomped off about maybe 20% of my food before I remembered I should get a picture. There are quite a few stalls I like at Maxwell Food Centre, but I think is probably one of the more underrated ones, serving a good variety of local hawker food and has pretty large servings. Good value all around.

To eat:
I really like their Hokkien Mee, it's got good tasty gravy, and the portion is very generous. The carrot cake (black) is also good, and while I've seen other people eat other stuff I haven't actually tried them myself so I can't comment on them.

Cost:
Hokkien Mee is $4/$5/$6, although $5 is very plentiful for one person and I would consider it a "filling meal". $4 is probably enough if you are a light eater or plan to have dessert. The carrot cake goes for $3/$4/$5, same deal if you order the medium ($4) it's quite a lot for one person.

Pros:
Tasty food at low price, portions are very generous. It's in town, which is very rare for affordable food.

Cons:
During peak hours there can be a small queue, usually spillovers from people who are there for Tian Tian. Also ever since they started building the MRT they closed off the carpark. Also the middle rows of seats can get quite stuffy even at night.

Opening hours:
It seems to be open whenever I come regardless of lunch or dinner, and they are even open pretty late maybe past 8-9pm. I'm not actually sure of their opening hours, but of all the stalls at Maxwell Food Centre they seem to be open the most often and for the longest. I'm not sure about breakfast, but I never had to worry about that problem.

Addresss:1 Kadayanallur St, 069184, it's opposite the famous Tian Tian Chicken Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment